BE IT RESOLVED, that the Government of the United States should immediately begin a transition to a foreign policy that includes:
- Rejecting the role of “policeman of the world,” ceasing military and covert intervention in the affairs of foreign countries, and using military force only when absolutely necessary to protect U.S. sovereignty, territory, and vital interests, narrowly defined;
- Substantially reducing the more than 700 U.S. military installations around the world;
- Curtailing the bloated military budget, allowing resources to be redirected towards cutting the deficit, cutting taxes, investing in America, or any other use as Americans see fit;
- Reducing the size of the U.S. nuclear arsenal to a minimum deterrent level, and fully supporting the implementation of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty;
- Emphasizing diplomacy, law, and cooperation in international relations and dispute resolution;
- Upholding civil liberties guaranteed by the Constitution; and
- Reining in executive military action.
Do you like this post?